The C6 AREC technology offers several advantages over competing waste to renewable energy technologies:
- Multiple waste streams: The C6 technology is able to treat many types of waste, such as municipal solid waste, tires and contaminated oil, concurrently, and is more efficient than competing products:
• The C6 equipment has a higher thermal efficiency (MW per ton of waste) and a lower energy usage (parasitic load) than competitive products, allowing more of the energy produced to be sold rather than used to run the plant. It provides more than twice the energy conversion efficiency of traditional "mass-burn" incineration, without the adverse side effects;
• The C6 equipment also uses water very efficiently and in most cases returns clean water to the environment;
• Further Reduction in Emissions – the syngas is automatically scrubbed to make it "engine-ready", thereby eliminating the need to clean engine flue gases. The C6 Thermal Oxidizer (patent pending) processes the combined dryer, pyrolyser and engine exhaust to further reduce emissions and meet/exceed all global emissions standards;
• Automated Handling of Bio-Hazardous Waste – sterilization in the autoclaves destroys pathogens and microbial life, eliminating the health hazards associated with landfill and standard mechanical recycling facilities. Hazardous waste is processed in a fully automated, enclosed system, and MSW is treated without the need to open trash bags.
• Automated Recycling – the C6 system automatically sorts waste constituents and sorts out the recyclables. The recyclables are sterilized, deglazed and reduced in volume for easy handling. C6 enhanced recycling recovers close to 100 % of all metals, plastic, glass, etc., unlike source separation which typically recovers up to 1/3 of recyclables at best.
• No Odours: Unlike landfills and incinerators, C6 plants will not produce any noticeable odours due to their integrated design, with the only emission point being the smokeless exhaust stack.